This is a really simple Kindle slipcover I made. I drew the peacock based on a Henna design and embroidered it using mostly backstitches. It’s pretty basic — just the front and back pieces, lining, and a layer of batting to give it some solidity. The top is open and you slip the Kindle in. I thought about adding a piece of cardboard between the batting and the lining so the screen would be more protected. But I forgot. So I didn’t. I’m not really worried about it, though; I used to just throw my Kindle in my bag with no cover at all, so this is a couple steps up from that.
The tail is 2 strands of peacock blue floss mixed with 2 strands of light green floss for a total of 4 strands, then embroidered in backstitches in a tight brick pattern. I outlined each feather section in one strand of the same dark blue thread as the bird’s body. The tail looked a little dark once I finished, so I added pearly white seed beads to the eyes of the feathers.
The back is some Japanese quilting cotton that I’ve had in my stash for a few years. It’s hard to see the color in the photo, but it’s dark blue shaded to black with gold wave patterns.
I think I should have used just 2 strands of floss for the peacock itself — it looks a little heavy, I think. The eye is the light green, but you can’t see it very well because of the thicker thread around it. Overall, I’m really happy with it, though.